With the globalization of the economy, many companies are hard bound to gain a competitive advantage by cutting their costs, optimizing efficiency, and great customer service. To achieve all these in a short time, many companies choose to outsource their software development project. Outsourcing has turned out to be a very good practice for a number of companies. Outsourcing will reduce your internal costs while allowing your company to focus on your core competencies. In a fast moving technological world, it is unlikely that your company will be able to design a whole spectrum of technical software. So it is wise to outsource some of your functions while keeping intact your business processes.
So, what are the advantages of outsourcing your IT development project?
- Cost saving - IT professionals are available all around the world. Hiring a professional at your office bears constant expenses. Instead, outsourcing the same project to another country can reduce your costs by as much as 90%.
- Time saving - Besides spending a huge amount of money on maintaining an IT department, in-house development is also more time-consuming. When working with an outsourcing programming team, the milestones and deadlines are defined at the beginning of the project and they have to keep up with the agreed development schedule. As a result, the product to market timeframe will be shortened by times.
- Access to wider pool of experts - Having an expert in a field join your team in-house is not only costly, but many times, it is simply impossible. Luckily, with the globalization of the world, it becomes increasingly easy to hire someone at the opposite side of the world, who has the exact skillset and experience you were looking for. With outsourcing you will have immediate access to some of the best and brightest information-technology professionals by going overseas and bypassing the gaps in hiring pools in more developed countries.
- Concentrating on company’s core expertise - By outsourcing the development of your solution, you will free up your time to concentrate on the business implications of your idea, instead of worrying about the software development process, schedule, errors and maintenance.
- Risk Mitigation - You might be new to the software development, but your outsourcing team, if chosen wisely, will have years of experience and expertise in the specific field you are looking for. Their expertise will help you mitigate the risks of development project failure, because of the established high-quality project management systems and already tried and true software development processes.
Outsourcing is a conflicting topic nowadays because of various experiences. Many people consider using outsourcing services beneficial for their business growth and focus, while others consider it as a complete waste of time and resources. In reality, outsourcing can be very beneficial if it is organized correctly with right outsourcing partner